Doric Nimrod Air Two
A small article in The Times today entitled Investors queue up for aviation’s double-deckers, caught my eye. It talks about a company called Doric Nimrod Air Two, that will buy and lease out Airbus A380 double-deck airliners, giving investors upwards of a nine-percent return on capital.
Would I invest, if I was as rich as Croesus?
You have to admire their innovation, but the aircraft are leased to Emirates, which is a Middle East airline. In that troubled region, there are more nutcases, than on all the peanut farms in Georgia. You don’t have to actually shoot a plane down, just hit it with something very explosive on the ground.
After all, the share price of the company dipped, when the A380 developed wing cracks.
So it may work, but it is not an investment that appeals to me.
I’d prefer to put my money in Zopa and get around six percent.
No comments yet.
About This Blog
What this blog will eventually be about I do not know.
But it will be about how I’m coping with the loss of my wife and son to cancer in recent years and how I manage with being a coeliac and recovering from a stroke. It will be about travel, sport, engineering, food, art, computers, large projects and London, that are some of the passions that fill my life.
And hopefully, it will get rid of the lonely times, from which I still suffer.
Why Anonymous? That’s how you feel at times.
- The South Wales Mountain Railway
- The New Tunnel Under Bank Station
- Extending The Docklands Light Railway West From Bank Station
- Will Trains Enable Chinese And Other Tourists To Invade Loch Ness?
- Removing Fence Posts
- A Crossrail For Aberdeen
- The Future Of The Calder Valley Line
- Donald Trump Inspires 'fine-tuned machine' Memes
- Why Do Trains Travel On The Left?
- The Plans For A New Hackney Wick Station
Advertising Architecture Art Athletics Banks BBC Building Buses Cambridge Cancer Charity Coeliac Construction Crime CrossRail CrossRail 2 Cycling Death Design Docklands Light Railway Driving Electrification Energy Engineering Entertainment Films Flying Football France Fraud Freight Germany Gospel Oak to Barking Line Hackney Horse Racing Hotel Humour Internet IPEMU Ipswich Ipswich Town Italy Law Liverpool London London Overground London Underground Manchester Museum My House New Bus for London Olympics Phones Politics Religion Scotland Second World War Shopping Smoking Stations Stroke Suffolk Tax Television Thameslink The Netherlands Ticketing Trains Trams Tunnels United States Waitrose Walking Weather Zopa
- A Crossrail For Aberdeen anonw.com/2017/02/19/a-c… https://t.co/i4H9gYYDEO 5 hours ago
- The New Tunnel Under Bank Station anonw.com/2017/02/19/the… https://t.co/sEkAmkiiso 8 hours ago
- Will Trains Enable The Chinese And Other Tourists To Invade Loch Ness? anonw.com/2017/02/19/wil… https://t.co/VCC8yYgduF 15 hours ago
- The South Wales Mountain Railway anonw.com/2017/02/19/the… https://t.co/hb2dSZtOEe 18 hours ago
- A Station For Morriston Hospital anonw.com/2017/02/18/a-s… 1 day ago
Site infoThe Anonymous Widower
Blog at WordPress.com.