Doric Nimrod Air Two
A small article in The Times today entitled Investors queue up for aviation’s double-deckers, caught my eye. It talks about a company called Doric Nimrod Air Two, that will buy and lease out Airbus A380 double-deck airliners, giving investors upwards of a nine-percent return on capital.
Would I invest, if I was as rich as Croesus?
You have to admire their innovation, but the aircraft are leased to Emirates, which is a Middle East airline. In that troubled region, there are more nutcases, than on all the peanut farms in Georgia. You don’t have to actually shoot a plane down, just hit it with something very explosive on the ground.
After all, the share price of the company dipped, when the A380 developed wing cracks.
So it may work, but it is not an investment that appeals to me.
I’d prefer to put my money in Zopa and get around six percent.
No comments yet.
About This Blog
What this blog will eventually be about I do not know.
But it will be about how I’m coping with the loss of my wife and son to cancer in recent years and how I manage with being a coeliac and recovering from a stroke. It will be about travel, sport, engineering, food, art, computers, large projects and London, that are some of the passions that fill my life.
And hopefully, it will get rid of the lonely times, from which I still suffer.
Why Anonymous? That’s how you feel at times.
- A Message To All Customers Of Currys/Dixons plc
- The Plans For A New Hackney Wick Station
- The Ventilation Shafts For Crossrail
- Edinburgh to Inverness in the Cab of an HST
- Why Do Trains Travel On The Left?
- Improving Services To Cannon Street And Charing Cross Stations
- Are The TOCs Arguing Over The Class 387 Trains?
- The Cats At Clapham Common Station
- Platform Extensions At South Tottenham Station
- Liverpool Street Crossrail Station Disentangled
Advertising Architecture Art Athletics Banks BBC Building Buses Cambridge Cancer Charity Coeliac Construction Cricket Crime CrossRail CrossRail 2 Cycling Death Design Docklands Light Railway Driving Electrification Energy Engineering Entertainment Films Flying Football France Fraud Freight Germany Hackney Horse Racing Hotel Humour Internet IPEMU Ipswich Ipswich Town Italy Law Liverpool London London Overground London Underground Manchester Museum My House New Bus for London Olympics Phones Politics Religion Scotland Second World War Shopping Smoking Stations Stroke Suffolk Tax Television Terrorism Thameslink The Netherlands Ticketing Trains Trams United States Waitrose Walking Weather Zopa
- Vivarail In The Financial Times anonw.com/2016/09/28/viv… 5 hours ago
- Escalators In Station Design anonw.com/2016/09/28/esc… 9 hours ago
- Improving Services To Cannon Street And Charing Cross Stations anonw.com/2016/09/27/imp… 1 day ago
- Improvements At Bank Station anonw.com/2016/09/27/imp… https://t.co/HwHZNQtTOQ 1 day ago
- A Look At Charing Cross Station anonw.com/2016/09/26/a-l… https://t.co/O0R7tfhNPi 2 days ago
Site infoThe Anonymous Widower
Blog at WordPress.com.