A Stroke Of Genius

As I walked through the centre of Birmingham, I came across a very crowded square.

It was Genius giving out free gluten-free toasted sandwiches.

What a good marketing idea!

I don’t actually eat Genius bread any more as my local Waitrose doesn’t stock it and I do like Marks and Spencer’s new gluten free breads. They also keep longer in the bread bin!

There’s a gluten-free bread war out thereand the only beneficiaries will be those like me, who have or wish to avoid gluten.

August 19, 2014 - Posted by | Food | , ,

1. I too am finding the new M&S GF bread really good – I like the brown bloomer. fast, and doesn’t break up into bits

Comment by nosnikrapzil | August 21, 2014 | Reply

2. It is good and it’s the first gluten-free bread I’ve found, that you can just take out the packet, spread with something likeBenecol and jam and eat. I like the sliced white boule. It seems to stay fresh for ages too.

Comment by AnonW | August 21, 2014 | Reply

3. This week we are “staycationing” – sleeping at hime but out for various days. I have used the bloomer for sandwiches and it has worked well. As you say, it doesn’t need anything doing to it before you eat it

Comment by nosnikrapzil | August 21, 2014 | Reply

4. I got accosted by the store manager in Marks in Oxford Street yesterday, who was showing one of the Directors around. I complimented them on the bread and said that all they needed to do was highlight gluten-free products better. If they brought in a new GF quiche, would anybody notice? They said I should check the web. But I just walk round the stores using my mark one eyeball. I might see something that I’d never have bought otherwise.

Comment by AnonW | August 21, 2014 | Reply

5. That is what I do – I especially like their tinned chicken breast, it is lovely with mayo in a sandwich if I don’t have any other fillings in,

Comment by nosnikrapzil | August 21, 2014 | Reply

6. Tinned?

Comment by AnonW | August 21, 2014 | Reply

7. I had some wonderful salt beef recently. But can’t remember where I got it from.

Comment by AnonW | August 21, 2014 | Reply