Holy Crap

This product got a plug on Have I Got News For You, tonight.

I thought it was a spoof, but if it is, the web site is a masterpiece of misleading information.

It is actually a gluten-free breakfast cereal. The product page is here and I only have one problem with it and that is that it contains cranberries, which are a no-no if you are on Warfarin.

My other problem might be putting on a lumberjack shirt and high heels to eat it.

April 26, 2013 - Posted by | Food, Health | , ,

1. Interesting! High is fat comparatively as well I think.

Comment by Liz P | April 27, 2013 | Reply

• It’s the cranberries I don’t like. According to a friend in Canada, they’ve made a fortune. Good luck to them, as their product isn’t going to harm most people.

Comment by AnonW | April 27, 2013 | Reply

2. Eat natural breakfast cereal has similar ingredients and you can get it at Tesco

Comment by Gillean Lazelle | April 27, 2013 | Reply

• I have Eat natural several days a week. the only problem is that my Waitrose doesn’t stock the version I like and have to go next door to Sainsburys. I only shop in Tescos as a last resort, as I had to pay them a lot of money because I got bad legal advice over a tenancy. I’m never going to spend another penny there.

Comment by AnonW | April 27, 2013 | Reply

3. This morning, I had my porridge made from Morrisons Free From Oats, and am fine, I generally buy Nairns but discovered that the lady who cooks at church each Wednesday uses Morrisons, and I have never had a problem, I got some. They have a different consistency and texture though to the Narins ones.

Comment by Liz P | April 28, 2013 | Reply

• It would make no difference to me, as porridge is something I don’t like. anyway, I don’t know of a Morrisons near me.

Comment by AnonW | April 28, 2013 | Reply

4. I enjoy porridge, and it helps to up my milk intake, which I have to keep high for various reasons – fully skimmed though

Comment by Liz P | April 28, 2013 | Reply

• I’ve always drunk a lot of milk. It’s now usually goat!

Comment by AnonW | April 28, 2013 | Reply