Covid in Wales: Groups Of Six Allowed To Meet In Pubs

The title of this post, is the same as that of this article on the BBC.

This is the first paragraph.

Groups of no more than six people will be allowed to meet in pubs, cinemas and restaurants in Wales from 26 December, the first minister has said.

I’m glad I don’t live in a nanny socialist state like Wales.

We should be treated like adults and allowed to develop our own rules.

• I am doubly-vaccinated with AstraZeneca
  • I have recently  had a booster Pfizer vaccine.
  • I generally wear a mask, when I’m outside my house.
  • I avoid crowded places when I’m outside my house.
  • I only invite a selected group of people into my house.
  • I obey social distancing rules.

But my biggest protection comes from being coeliac on a long-term gluten free diet, which gives me an immune system, which is immensely strong.

I’ve yet to meet or hear of any coeliac on a long-term gluten-free diet, who has had a serious dose of the Covids.

December 22, 2021 - Posted by | Health | , , ,

1. I do know of one man, similar age to you I think, who caught covid in the first few weeks, was very very ill, and now has long covid. No other underlying illnesses, was fit, healthy, exercised etc. Not sure if he was diagnosed early childhood, or as an adult. But he is a bad way, poor guy.

Comment by nosnikrapzil | December 22, 2021 | Reply

• Some doctors treating kids with long covid recommend they are tested for coeliac disease. After all, these days, it is just a simple blood test. I get B12 injections.

Comment by AnonW | December 22, 2021 | Reply

2. The reason I don’t go out is to protect myself from people who don’t social distance, wear masks or any other of the things recommended. But I am in a different position to you, because of my lack of immune system due to the blood cancer.

Comment by nosnikrapzil | December 22, 2021 | Reply

3. It appears that no research is being done with people with strong immune systems with respect to the covids.

Comment by AnonW | December 22, 2021 | Reply

4. What an appallingly selfish thoughtless and self absorbed idiot you are. You’ve got coeliac disease, so you are OK. What about everybody else? What happens if you pass COVID on to others?
    You don’t have the excuse of not being educated.

Comment by Robin St.Clair | December 22, 2021 | Reply

5. I only report it as I see it and I’m not the only one saying it.

Comment by AnonW | December 22, 2021 | Reply

6. There is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see.

Comment by JohnC | December 22, 2021 | Reply

7. You are missing one very important defense against omicron, even if you think you won’t get it because of a possibly stronger than average immune system (and please be aware of the cognitive bias of being “exceptional”, very few people are truly exceptional as they think they are, you can only be sure by risking infection deliberately repeatedly).

omicron is highly and quickly contagious, and does not present clear symptoms until well after being contagious has happened. In your case you may be more likely to be contagious without symptoms, and masks only offer limited protection, even if they are best quality.

Need to take lateral flow test before planning close contact with others (a few mins at 1m or less), and 8-12 hours after.

Comment by MilesT | December 23, 2021 | Reply