London’s Housing Market Is Changing
This article in Construction Enquirer is entitled Quintain launches London’s largest build to rent site.
Quintain are to build thousands of rental homes at Wembley Park around Wembley Stadium.
Reading the article, they seem to be making a professional job of it.
- 3,000 houses will start construction this year.
- 5,000 houses will be built over seven years.
- There will be a primary School, a seven acre park and a landscaped square.
- Four companies will share the building.
- Quintain have even set up their own company to manage the properties and their rental.
- Brent Council seem to have given the development their blessing.
Looking back to the 1970s, when C, myself and our three boys were looking for somewhere to live, and were unable to get a mortgage because my income wasn’t in any way guaranteed, we had no option but to rent.
We had one choice of a quality development in London, where we could rent and that was the Barbican.
I don’t think we’d have gone to Wembley, but we would have loved to have had a choice.
I suspect we could see other developments like this all over the country.
Everyone will benefit.
No comments yet.