Annoying Advertising Pop-Ups In The Bottom Right Corner Of The Screen

These started a couple of months ago!

Many are from a site called Your Money, but one was selling me cannabis.

How do I stop them?

I use Chrome as a browser and don’t use Facebook or other social media of that type.

Thanks in advance!

February 11, 2019 - Posted by | Computing |

1. Hi James, there should be a little X somewhere on the adds, and if you click on that there should be something it asked about why you don’t want to see the ads. I usually tick either I have already bought it or it isn’t relevant. It doesn’t stop them completely, but you will get less of them.

Comment by nosnikrapzil | February 11, 2019 | Reply

• I clear them inmediately, but they don’t get the message.

I actually suspect I’m allergic to advertising as well as gluten. I only watch sport, where there are adverts and then Iturn over to Radio 5, whilst they’re on.

Comment by AnonW | February 11, 2019 | Reply

2. Click on the Chrome menu icon in the upper right hand corner of the browser, then click on settings. Type popups into the search settings field, then click content settings. Toggle the popups option to blocked.

Comment by John Wright | February 11, 2019 | Reply

• Thanks! I followed that advice and before and it didn’t seem to work.

Comment by AnonW | February 11, 2019 | Reply

• Remember that I’ve always had someone to show me. Until he died in 2010, for perhaps the previous ten years, my son; George showed me! I was always a doftware writer, rather than a user.

Comment by AnonW | February 11, 2019 | Reply

3. AdBlock extension…?

Comment by Rowan | February 11, 2019 | Reply

• This is exactly my solution. AdBlock Plus. Works a treat!

Comment by Matthew Goode | February 11, 2019 | Reply