Shell’s New Filling Station For Electric Cars

I took these pictures of Shell’s new filling station for electric cars in Fulham, yesterday.

It’s got eleven chargers, a Little Waitrose and a Costa Coffee. What more couple Fulham want?

I’m surprised the Council allowed a Costa!

February 1, 2022 - Posted by | Energy, Transport/Travel | , , , , ,

1. Indeed what more would a young couple want. You’ll know the EV service station has finally arrived when you don’t need an App to locate them.

Comment by fammorris | February 1, 2022 | Reply

• I also think that seeing stations like this will nudge them towards electric.

Comment by AnonW | February 1, 2022 | Reply

2. Normal petrol stations display the price of fuels yet no price is displayed re cost of electricity to charge vehicles!

Comment by Melvyn | February 1, 2022 | Reply

• Good point! I can remember, when the Power petrol for my Austin 8 cost 4 shillings and a penny a gallon, from the local garage in Westpole Avenue in Oakwood.

Comment by AnonW | February 1, 2022 | Reply

3. 49p/kwh for high powered charges which are only 175kW, Teslas have 350kw, 45p for 50kw, So if you have a Renault Zoe that need full recharge looking at 50mins as cabn only use 50kW chargers and around £20 plus a fiver for your costa and croissant!!
    Much cheaper to charge it at home overnight just need to invest in a 7kW charger. and you have it full for less than a tenner.

Comment by Nicholas Lewis | February 1, 2022 | Reply

• I moved to London ten years ago and I didn’t and still don’t have a driving licence.

Why do you think, I bought a house just over three miles from Bank, with a garage that opened directly onto the street?

Comment by AnonW | February 1, 2022 | Reply

4. Is this a new Shell site or a converted one?

Comment by chilterntrev | February 1, 2022 | Reply

• It’s a converted one. You can see it closed for conversion on Fulham Park Road if you open Google Street View

Comment by fammorris | February 1, 2022 | Reply

• I remember, when Shell rolled out the Nutkin concept about forty years ago. They closed a station and rebuilt it. It looks like history is repeating itself.

Comment by AnonW | February 1, 2022 | Reply